Denver Broncos Jersey

huangjian123
Michael Jordan hired proven general manager Mitch Kupchak this offseason to help turn around a franchise mired in mediocrity since he became the Charlotte Hornets‘ majority owner eight years ago.

But that doesn’t mean the highly competitive Jordan won’t have input on personnel decisions Ryan Dzingel Jersey , beginning with the NBA draft on Thursday night.

Kupchak said in a pre-draft news conference Tuesday that he’ll have final say in who the Hornets select before quickly adding, ”well, with the exception of one person – and obviously that’s ownership.”

Kupchak has won 10 NBA championships, including seven as an executive with the Los Angeles Lakers – so he knows a thing or two about building a winning roster. But he’s quickly learning that Jordan, who many consider the best NBA player ever, is still very much a hands-on owner when it comes to the players he employs.

And Kupchak understands that.

”There is a huge business component to our relationship,” Kupchak said.

Kupchak said he has communicated with Jordan on the phone and via text throughout the draft evaluation process. The 55-year-old Jordan arrived in Charlotte, North Carolina on Monday and the two have been studying tape on potential draft picks since.

The Hornets http://www.washingtonredskinsteamonline.com/paul-richardson-jersey , who have failed to make the playoffs three of the past four seasons, have the 11th overall pick in the draft.

Kupchak has known Jordan since he was a freshman at the University of North Carolina.

However, Kupchak said that while they both are former Tar Heels, he never had considered Jordan a friend prior to being hired this past offseason to replace Rich Cho as Hornets general manager.

Since then they have had dinner together and gotten to know each other a little more.

He said the relationship has changed for the better.

”Hopefully when all is said and done, our other relationship, which is our friend relationship continues to grow and is not altered in any way,” Kupchak said. ”There are no favors being done here. We’re friends and I think we’ll remain friends, but the bottom line in this business is success and winning games.”

Kupchak was rather forthcoming in the team’s pre-draft press conference Tuesday Authentic Justin Bailey Jersey , saying the does not expect to trade the 11th overall pick.

He also said he expects that the handful of top-notch big men will be off the board by the time the Hornets make their selection.

”Right now I think the best player on the board is the player we are going to go after – and I’d expect that player to be a guard or a wing,” Kupchak said. ”… I think we expect that we will be looking at guards and wings, but we will see.”

Just three days after trading away quarterback Tyrod Taylor to the Cleveland Browns, the Buffalo Bills front office got busy again. On Monday afternoon, they traded star offensive tackle Cordy Glenn to the Cincinnati Bengals, which included swapping of draft picks.Peter Schrager of Fox Sports announced the trade and shared the details:Compensation for Cordy Glenn trade:Bills and Bengals swap 1st Round picks. Bills go to 12. Bengals go to 21. Teams also swap 5th and 6th round picks. @nflnetwork @NFL @gmfb— Peter Schrager (@PSchrags) March 12, 2018This is a major trade that could be huge for both sides, as Glenn beefs up a leaky Bengals' offensive line. For the Bills Jonathan Ericsson Jersey , they move up significantly in the draft and have a chance to draft one of the top quarterback prospects. Buffalo also owns the 22nd pick, courtesy of the Kansas City Chiefs - who traded up to select quarterback Patrick Mahomes last year.Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen are the three most highly-touted quarterback prospects in this year's draft. There's a good chance the Bills look to trade up and select one of those, and the Indianapolis Colts (who pick at three), look like an ideal trade candidate. With Andrew Luck locked in as their franchise quarterback, Indy certainly won't be drafting another signal-caller.As for the Bengals, adding Glenn certainly helps an offensive line that ranked 20th in pass-blocking efficiency last season Authentic Nail Yakupov Jersey , per Pro Football Focus. The Bengals also finished 2017 with the second-worst rushing offense, picking up just 85.4 yards on the ground per game. Without a doubt, Glenn makes this o-line that much better.The Bengals were also linked to New England Patriots free agent offensive tackle Nate Solder, one of the best linemen in the league. But the acquisition of Glenn takes them completely off the market now.It'll be interesting to see how both teams head into free agency now. Should the Bills decide to draft a quarterback, it certainly takes them out of the running for the likes of Case Keenum and Sam Bradford, amont other quarterbacks.As for the Bengals, the weak link of their offense has been addressed. They can now use free agency and the draft to focus on other holes. Los Angeles Rams Customized Jerseys