The Division 2 is the follow-up to 2016's The Division

The Division 2 is the follow-up to 2016's The Division

mmocs
After about 25 hours of wrestling with Anthem, it's funny how grateful I am for the little things in The Division 2. Stuff like being able to switch my loadout on the fly, without first exiting a mission or sitting through a loading screen. No one's tried to make me and three other players sit through a boring mid-mission cutscene, either—in fact, The Division 2 barely makes me pay attention to its story at all.

Sure, The Division 2 could see its servers melt down Friday at official launch or there could be some issues buried deep in the far-flung endgame, but overall, it feels like a very solid, complete release, a rarity for the genre. It really does feel like Massive took every single lesson learned from The Division 1, added it to The Division 2 at launch, and then threw in some new stuff to boot.

You never know if these planned maintenance sessions will turn into unplanned, extended outages. Early access to The Division 2 is one of the benefits of buying certain special editions and it'd be a big bummer for Ubisoft to bite into any more of that time than it's already announced. Let's all think happy thoughts and lend our spirit energy to the Ubisoft developers working late/early so that everything goes smoothly and the servers come back on schedule. Buy Cheap TD2 Credits from Mmocs.com gain a 3% discount by using the code “MMOCSVIP”.

During the run-up to release, we all had a good chuckle at how Ubisoft said that there is nothing political intended in The Division 2. This, a game set in a ravaged Washington DC during a time of unparalleled real world political turmoil. A game that uses a beat-up White House as your base of operations. A game with a concept derived almost entirely around forceful military intervention in a time of social crisis.

The Division and its newly released sequel, The Division 2, are odd games. On one hand, the first Division title makes it very clear that the very idea of the Division, an unrestrained government agency that is embedded among the general population, is a bad idea. That’s not subtext; that’s just text! On the other hand, The Division 2 has completely backpedaled on that stance in its first few hours. The game lavishes me, and the Division as a whole, with praise.

The Division 2 is the follow-up to 2016's The Division, continuing the story of a broken US after a smallpox epidemic struck the country on Black Friday 2015. With the country falling apart, the US government activates the sleeper agents that work for the Strategic Homeland Division, who have been secretly living amongst the populace for years. Division agents are ordered to aid humanitarian efforts and emergency responders, as well as respond to emerging criminal groups with highly advanced military grade hardware and weaponry. The first game took place in New York City in the winter following the outbreak, while The Division 2 moves the setting to the country's capital, Washington DC, in the spring.