d tie the Patriots over

huangjian123
Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner would love it if Earl Thomas showed up. But he understands perfectly why he hasn’t so far Jimmy Smith Jersey , and supports his teammate’s efforts to get a new contract.

Via Gregg Bell of the Tacoma News Tribune, Wagner said during a radio interview on KJR (with former Seahawk Cliff Avril) that the business realities of the NFL made him sympathetic to Thomas’ plight. The decorated safety has stayed away from all offseason workouts, and skipped the team’s mandatory minicamp.

“You’ve got to do what’s right for you,” Wagner said. “Because at the end of the day, whenever you are done they don’t care about you. You’ve got to get what you’ve got to get while you can. Because as soon as you can’t play, . . . ”

At that point, Avril added: “As soon as you get hurt.”

“Yeah,” Wagner replied. “As soon as you can’t play and they don’t want you no more, it’s over. So you’ve got to make the best of your opportunity.”

Thomas is entering the final year of his contract Mohamed Sanu Jersey , and is underpaid by any tangible measure. But the Seahawks have also turned over their defense this offseason, with a number of veterans hitting the door. Thus, they might not be as eager to give the 29-year-old Thomas the kind of deal he wants. As a result, Wagner hedged when asked if he expected to see Thomas in camp.

“I mean, I don’t know. It’s up to him and management to figure that out,” Wagner said. “You don’t want to get into a person’s contract. . . . At the end of the day, they are trying to figure out a way to best provide for their family. You are involved, to a certain extent, but he’s trying to take care of his family. And you want him to put himself in the best position to take care of his family. So whatever that looks like Rodney Hudson Jersey , whatever that is, that’s between him and the management.

“Do I hope comes? I do. I hope he comes. But I’m not necessarily focused on that, because I understand both sides. I understand wanting him here. And I understand the business aspect, which is not good for players. Like, we have contracts that don’t necessarily favor us all the time. So you have to do what’s right for you.”

Of course, there’s also the possibility the Seahawks trade Thomas (that chatter hasn’t died down), and let someone else deal with the contractual unpleasantness. And if that happens, they’ll say it was just business.

The NFL takes great pride in the concept of parity, selling the idea that every team has a chance as a way to help every team sell tickets.

And in some places LaDainian Tomlinson Jersey , it’s true.

As noted by NBC’s Peter King in Football Morning in America, the theory does not hold in the AFC, and the numbers show just how much of a mockery the Patriots have made it.

Comparing numbers from 2003-2017, the Patriots are 80 games better than their nearest rivals (?), the Jets.

New England is 189-51 over that span, winning 14 of the 15 division titles. The Jets are 109-131 over the same span, the Dolphins 106-134 (with the stray division title), and the Bills 102-138.

That means the Jets could tie the Patriots over the next five years, as long as they go 80-0 and the Patriots go 0-80.

Contrast that with the NFC South Rhett Ellison Jersey , where the concept is actually real and a single game

Over the same 15-year span, the Saints are 131-109, the Panthers are 130-109-1, and the Falcons are 130-110, with the Buccaneers bringing up the rear at 95-145.

But even the Bucs have won a pair of division titles during that span (the Panthers lead with five, and the Falcons and Saints have four each).

 Adidas Brent Burns Jersey