s a Year One offseason,鈥

huangjian123
Steve Sarkisian will return as the Atlanta Falcons’ offensive coordinator despite a decline in production in his debut 2017 season.

Sarkisian has been the target of criticism as the Falcons Eric Ebron Jersey , who lost at Philadelphia in the divisional round of the playoffs last week, fell short of a return trip to the Super Bowl.

Coach Dan Quinn announced Thursday that Sarkisian will return in 2018.

After leading the league in scoring in 2016, the Falcons fell to 15th this season . Quinn said Sarkisian doesn’t deserve the full blame for the offense’s struggles.

”To be clear with you, if this was about one person, that decision already would have been made,” Quinn said, adding he has ”no issue with making changes Cheap Stacy McGee Jersey , no problem with that but I have no interest in making change just for the sake of change.”

The Falcons finished 10-6 in the regular season and won a wild card game at the Los Angeles Rams before the 15-10 loss to the Eagles . The Falcons were scoreless in the second half. Sarkisian’s play-calling was second-guessed when Atlanta couldn’t score after having a first down at the Eagles 9. A fourth-and-2 pass from Matt Ryan to Julio Jones was incomplete.

Sarkisian was hired from Alabama after Kyle Shanahan was hired as San Francisco’s coach. Quinn offered the reminder that Shanahan also faced harsh criticism following is first season leading the offense in 2015. Atlanta led the league with 33.8 points per game in 2016.

”A number of people wanted his head” after the 2015 season, Quinn said. ”What has stayed the same and what I learned during that process is what you’re doing in order to build consistency, you better be consistent.”

Quinn said the struggles on offense were ”not an indication of one play-caller or one player. It’s on all of us.”

Meanwhile, Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff said reaching an agreement on a contract extension with Ryan will be ”the number one focus” of the offseason.

Ryan is entering the final year of his six-year, $103.75 million contract. He will be 33 next season but is still seen as the team’s long-term starter who, like New England’s Tom Brady, can play to or beyond the age of 40.

”Personally that is my feeling Antonio Morrison Jersey ,” Dimitroff said. ”He’s a guy who takes care of his body both on and off the field properly. … And of course we’re fortunate with the way the rules are set up in the league, they’re going to preserve our quarterback, hopefully. Again, we want him to be part of this organization for a long time coming.”

Dimitroff expressed optimism an agreement on Ryan’s contract extension could come quickly.

”I think it’s not going to be that difficult of a negotiation, quite honestly,” he said. ”I think we’re going to be in a good spot with it.”

NOTES: Quinn confirmed special teams coach Keith Armstrong will have a second interview in Arizona’s search for a coach . Quinn said Armstrong ”is terrifically qualified to lead a team.” … Quinn said he is ”in the middle” of his search to replace quarterbacks coach Bush Hamdan, who left to become the offensive coordinator at University of Washington. Among the candidates are longtime NFL assistant coach Greg Knapp http://www.indianapoliscoltsteamonline.com/al-woods-jersey , the Falcons’ former offensive coordinator under Jim Mora, and Jedd Fisch, who was UCLA’s offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach last season.

The Packers have seen big changes to their front office and coaching staff since the end of the season with new General Manager Brian Gutekunst joining new offensive and defensive coordinators as the team tries to bounce back from their first losing season since 2008.

There have also been changes to the roster, including the departure of wide receiver Jordy Nelson and acquisitions of free agents like Jimmy Graham and Muhammad Wilkerson. Head coach Mike McCarthy remains in place, but said at last week’s league meetings that the changes have gone beyond the new hires in those positions. McCarthy said the team has taken a “scrub-brush approach to the whole system” that includes changes to their well-worn offensive playbook.

“This offseason resembles a Year One offseason,鈥?McCarthy said, via ESPN.com. 鈥淥bviously the defense is going through that because they鈥檙e building a brand-new playbook Quinton Dunbar Jersey , new coaching staff, new philosophy. There is some carryover from our old defense. But offensively, when you have the same offensive system for 12 years, you鈥檙e playing late into the playoffs, you usually turn the page and evaluate and just try to evolve off what you did last year. We鈥檝e taken a totally different approach. We鈥檝e gone back to Page 1 in the playbook.”

One thing that won’t change about the offense is that it will lean heavily on quarterback Aaron Rodgers, whose broken collarbone contributed enough to the team’s slide in 2017 and whose health will be vital to the chances of the new approach finding better success.

 Authentic Womens Chad Thomas Jersey