was reinstated from the

zhangzk
BEREA Dave Robinson Jersey , Ohio (AP) — Jarvis Landry is friends with Dez Bryant. He’d like to be teammates.

With the Browns in the market for another playmaker because of Josh Gordon’s absence and uncertainty, Landry said Monday that he hopes Bryant, a three-time Pro Bowler wide receiver in Dallas, joins him in Cleveland.

“If he wants to be here then obviously we’re open arms and we’d love to have him,” Landry said. “He’d be a great addition to our team and our offense — for sure.”

Bryant has expressed mild interest in the Browns, who have had him on their radar for weeks and are trying to schedule a meeting with the 29-year-old.

Last week, after general manager John Dorsey said Bryant had not returned any of his phone calls, the sometimes volatile wideout posted on Twitter that he intends to visit Cleveland sometime this week.

“Starting my visits next week,” Bryant posted on his personal account while the Browns were playing the New York Giants. “I’m coming to the Land to see you Mr Dorsey.”

Landry, who came to the Browns in an offseason trade with Miami, said he has spoken with Bryant. He thinks Cleveland would be a perfect fit for him and that he would thrive in coordinator Todd Haley’s offense.

“Attitude,” Landry said when asked what Bryant could bring to the Browns. “Obviously, effort. You look at the plays he’s making down the field, underneath. He can really do it all — given the opportunities. I think coach Haley would do a great job of getting him the ball if he was here, but if not Tracy Walker Jersey , then we got guys who can make plays, too. “

Just not enough of them.

The Browns don’t know when — or if — they’ll get Gordon back. The former Pro Bowler, who has played in just 10 games since 2013 because of numerous drug violations, has missed training camp while taking care of his health. The team has offered no specifics about Gordon’s absence, but both Dorsey and coach Hue Jackson have expressed optimism he’ll return at some point.

Cleveland’s receiving corps lacks experience. Rookie Antonio Callaway is currently listed as a starter and Rashard Higgins, who has just 33 catches in two years, has made progress but may not be ready for an expanded role.

Bryant had 69 receptions for 838 yards and six touchdowns last season.

While there’s no denying Bryant’s skills, the Browns have to factor in whether they want to add a player who has clashed with coaches and recently called out former teammates on a Twitter rant.

Does he fit?

On Sunday, Jackson was asked if there was a concern about adding a player of Bryant’s ilk to a group of developing receivers.

“It is a discussion,” he said. “I think we have a lot of good things going, but at the same time I do not think you can ever have too many good football players as long as they fit and as long as it is the right fit for the organization, for the locker room and for all involved. I think that is John’s charge. That is what he is trying to do. I think we will continue to do that in a number of different positions.

“If we can get better, we still need to continue to get better, and I think that is how he sees it.”

Bryant amassed 531 catches for 7,459 yards and 73 touchdowns in Dallas Craig Smith Jersey , but he became disruptive when he wasn’t the primary focus of the passing attack.

Landry doesn’t think Bryant would complain about being a second or third target, and he pointed to Haley’s tenure as Arizona’s offensive coordinator as proof he knows how to include multiple receivers.

“In this offense, everybody is an option and it’s just about who’s making the plays,” he said. “Just looking at Todd’s history, especially what he did in Arizona with (Steve) Breaston, Larry (Fitzgerald) and Anquan (Boldin), those three guys. I think it’s an opportunity for us all to get better. If we add a guy to the room, awesome. If not, then we got to keep moving, so we’ll see how it goes.”

Power got the Los Angeles Dodgers started. Patience gave them a win.

Max Muncy, Yasmani Grandal, Chris Taylor and Joc Pederson hit solo homers and Alex Verdugo scored the tiebreaking run on a wild pitch in the top of the ninth inning, lifting Los Angeles to a 7-6 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies in a matchup of division leaders Monday night.

Maikel Franco hit a pair of solo homers and Rhys Hoskins and Odubel Herrera also went deep for the Phillies.

Verdugo led off the ninth with a walk against closer Seranthony Dominguez (1-3). Pederson followed with a single. After Manny Machado struck out, Muncy walked. Verdugo scored when catcher Jorge Alfaro couldn’t catch Dominguez’s outside pitch. Dominguez exited after walking Grandal. Matt Kemp greeted Luis Garcia with an RBI single to make it 7-5.

”We felt him out, looked at a lot of tough pitches Authentic Pekka Rinne Jersey , and came back with a big inning,” Kemp said of Dominguez.

Scott Alexander (2-0) tossed a scoreless inning for the win. Kenley Jansen finished for his 29th save in 32 chances. Franco hit Jansen’s first pitch out to left for his 15th homer.

Chase Utley, a six-time All-Star second baseman during Philadelphia’s glory days a decade ago, received two loud, standing ovations before the game and when he came to the plate for the first time. Utley recently announced he’s retiring after the season so this will likely be his final series playing in Philadelphia unless the Dodgers face the Phillies in the postseason. He went 0 for 4.

”It was a lot of fun, it was intense, it was emotional,” Utley said. ”Fans here mean a lot to me. The respect they’ve shown me the last three years is special.”

Down 4-1 in the fifth, the Phillies rallied against Ross Stripling. With two outs and runners on second and third, Hoskins ripped a 2-2 pitch out to left-center for his 17th homer.

Herrera followed with his 18th homer into Philadelphia’s bullpen to make it 5-4.

Machado lined an opposite-field triple to right off reliever Tommy Hunter in the seventh and scored on Muncy’s sacrifice fly.

Machado started at third base for the first time this season, replacing Justin Turner. The four-time All-Star was acquired from Baltimore last week. He switched to shortstop, his original position, at the start of this season.

Machado heard cheers from Phillies fans, who were disappointed he wasn’t traded to Philadelphia but remain hopeful the team signs him in free agency.

Muncy and Grandal hit back-to-back homers in the first inning to give the Dodgers a 2-0 lead.

Taylor made it 3-0 in the third with an opposite-field homer to right. Pederson connected off Yacksel Rios in the fourth.

”Extremely tough loss but really proud of the tenacity of our club,” Phillies manager Gabe Kapler said.

STARTING TIME

Dodgers: Stripling gave up five runs and seven hits in 4 2/3 innings.

Phillies: Zach Eflin lasted only 2 2/3 innings Torey Krug Jersey , allowing three runs and five hits in his shortest outing this year.

MANAGER UTLEY?

Utley said he wants to spend more time with his wife and two sons, but he also wants to find a way to be around baseball.

”At the end of the year, I’d like to make my own schedule to be honest with you,” he said. ”But I feel like I can give back in a number of different ways. Yeah, I want to be involved. Managing, coaching, I’m not quite sure that’s the path, but you never know.”

TRAINER’S ROOM

Dodgers: Turner went on the 10-day disabled because of a strained groin and Verdugo was recalled from Triple-A Oklahoma City.

Phillies: Eflin was reinstated from the 10-day disabled list before the game.

UP NEXT

RHP Kenta Maeda (7-5, 3.12 ERA) goes against Phillies All-Star RHP Aaron Nola (12-3, 2.30) on Tuesday night. Maeda is 3-1, 4.37 in five career starts vs. Philadelphia. Nola, who struck out two batters in a scoreless inning in the All-Star game, is 2-0, 2.93 in two starts vs. Los Angeles.

 Womens Cleveland Browns Jerseys